Friday, August 5, 2016

The Tale of the Cockroach

*Warning, this post may cause your gag reflex to fire up, if you have a weak gag reflex, you may want to stop now...........

This story really happened a few weeks ago but I am just now able to talk about it without wanting to throw up in my mouth.

It was a Friday night. We had been watching Netflix and it was getting late so I headed to bed. Matt is usually the one to make sure all the doors are locked and lights are off so I headed into the bathroom a bit ahead of him to brush my teeth. As I opened up the bathroom drawer something caught my eye and I jumped back. Upon further investigation I see a giant cockroach in the bathroom drawer! I do not have an actual picture of the culprit as the situation was too intense for pictures but I'll give you an example of what we're talking:

(This pic was from one in our closet)


Panic arose with me yelling at Matt to kill the disgusting thing. Now keep in mind, this is in our bathroom drawer, with all of our toothbrushes.......ugh...... I'll save Matt the embarrassing part of the story where he was afraid of the thing as well. His "death stare" method of killing the cockroach didn't work and it got away. We took everything out of the drawer, changed our toothbrushes, sealed an area around a pipe where we figured it got into, story over right?? Wrong!

The next night as we are putting everything back into the drawers I start to wonder what these little brown specks around the drawer could be. I had seen them before but since we all use the bathroom I just figured it was just someone not cleaning a mess up.They were very tiny, smaller than a grain of rice but after the incident the night before I began to panic in my head as to what this could be. So I hesitantly google "cockroach poop". The results:

-"often referred to as 'specks', can be the size of coffee grounds. One or two of these droppings of these frightful guys often go unnoticed. But a cluster of droppings-that means you have a significant problem"

As if having a cockroach in our bathroom drawer with our toothbrushes isn't bad enough, we have no idea how long this disgusting thing was going in and out of the drawer. We also had no idea that these "tiny specks" were cockroach feces. That is all. End of story. I have mentally been scarred forever. Chalk this up to "part of the adventure"!

*I feel the need to put in a disclaimer that we live in a beautiful, clean home-although this story would lead you to believe otherwise!


No comments:

Post a Comment