Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mr.Tough


I got the dreaded phone call last week, the one where I look at my phone and see the number to G's school. The thought of "what's wrong" pops in my head. I answer hesitantly and the secretary goes on to say "Hi Mrs. Schreurs. G has fallen at school and has quite the bump on his head. We would really feel more comfortable if you came and looked at it for yourself." Apparently during computer class the teacher had them all line up at the same time. Of course it is a big deal to get a good spot so all the kids ran at once causing G to trip and fall head first into the corner of a computer desk.  Luckily I was at home which is only about a minute from school so I was able to get to the school very quickly. He was sitting in the office with ice on his head when I came in. The secretary had told me on the phone that G had been very tough and had not cried at all. When I came in I smiled at him and saw his little lip begin to quiver.He held it together though and let me give him the "mom examine" to check him over. Besides having a giant goose egg and bruise on his head he also had a scrap that luckily had not broken open-I am sure it would have needed stitches if it had. Even thought I knew the answer I asked him if he would rather stay at school or come home with me-of course school won. So I then asked if he wanted me to walk him back to class and he said....No. I'm not going to lie-a little punch to the gut, I mean he needs his mommy sometimes! Well guess what buddy, maybe you didn't need your mommy to walk with you but your mommy needed to so that is just what I did! Complete with a big kiss before she left:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment