Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Little Bit of Everything

We've had a busy week the week. Matt made it home from his first trip-he was gone for 9 days.........9 long days to Singapore then China. This trip was extremely difficult for all of us. It feels good to have the first one out of the way. The hope is they will all get easier from here. We have a brutal travel schedule him coming up. Through August it will be about every two weeks with one of the trips being 12 days. We better all find something to like about it (I can hear you telling me that Alison Pauli!). So anyway here are a few random thoughts and happening from this week:

I am a coffee drinker. I really like coffee. One in the morning, one in the afternoon. It helps give me the kick I need to get going. Australians are SERIOUS about their coffee. I have found cafe's everywhere. Here are just a few examples: 
In the hardware store-nails, hammers, lawnmowers, coffee-check!

At the movie theatre.

Even at Brady's swim lessons! Now mind you, his swim lessons were from 4:30-5:00. People were grabbing their coffees left and right at this place. How do you people sleep?! There have been a few events at the kids school that parents are invited to watch-bring in the coffee van! 

On another note:

Brady started swim lessons this week.....


My friend for the day......


I got a speeding ticket in the mail from a speed camera for going 7 km over-that translates to about 4mph over......4! Technically the ticket was in Matt's name since the car is registered in his name and they can't see who was driving-but it was me:( $150 lesson learned.


I do not like cockroaches. This was a baby compared to that one that jumped out of my box of Starbuck's Refreshers packets. Maybe someday I can kill them myself, but for now I am thankful for nice neighbors!



No comments:

Post a Comment