Saturday, July 9, 2016

The End of Term Break

We are nearing the end of our two week break between the end of term 2 and the beginning of term 3. I thought I would be ready for the boys to go back to school after these two weeks at home but I'm not, I'm so not.......We have had a lovely two weeks. Here is what we have been up to:


Some mornings, we just stayed in our pajamas. We were lazy-no making lunches, getting uniforms ready, racing out the door frantically to get to school on time. Just lazy!

Pure relation.......


We got our Brisbane library card and visited two of the local libraries.



We tried out a few new local restaurants.


The second week of break I had signed the boys up for a golf camp at a course called Victoria Park. It is a beautiful course that overlooks the city. The boys loved the camp and we are hoping to continue with lessons. Gavin is really getting pretty good.


I had two hours to kill each morning at the golf course while the boys did camp. I split my time watching them and trying out the cafe-yep it was good! This particular morning I had a great view of Gavin's group on the green and was still able to eat my doughnut and coffee in blissful peace. It was a tough job, but I got it done!

We also played countless games of Uno, went to Bounce (indoor trampoline park), met friends at the movie theatre to watch the new Ice Age movie and visited some parks close to us. 




Saturday we took advantage of one of our last free days and the beautiful weather and visited Sea World in the Gold Coast. We loved seeing all the amazing animals. The boys liked watching the penguins being fed and the amazing dolphin show the best!



It was such a nice time to feel like we could relax and breath a bit before we head back to school. Matt also leaves for India on Monday-a short 4 day trip this time so no complaints here.


Oh, and remember this:

The sea container which is loaded with all of our belongings from Illinois. It left our home on April 28. It has traveled from Peoria to Chicago to Long Beach, CA to Taiwan to Melbourne to Sydney and finally to Brisbane. It is clearing customs now, and we are crossing all of our fingers that it will be delivered to us on Friday next week. The thought of seeing all of our things, having kitchen tools to cook with, sleeping in our own beds-almost makes me cry.........


No comments:

Post a Comment